Sunday, November 19, 2006

sleep

the day passed so slowly, tucked between my groin and my liver. any change in orientation threatens upheaval, and every position attained is as unsatisfying as the last.

i felt two seconds of tingling in my right fingertips, just enough to scare me. peripheral neuropathy on its way? i may need to get back to painting and drawing my ultra-precision psychedelia while i still can.

we decided that today was going to have to be a day between just the two of us, which really was mostly to give amelie a break, because i am so incommunicado that she ends up having to do the entertaining if there is anyone else around. while it was nice to be alone, finally, the two of us, lack of sleep plus lack of comfort made for a vague and frustrating day for me, one that i will be happy to avoid repeating. activity is necessary for sanity. reading. writing. cooking, guitar. painting. whatever. life must have goals besides surviving, even if they are short term and inconsequential.

we slurped down some chinese medicinal soup made by a friend's mother, which was exactly what i needed to be eating. what is it, anyway, about chicken soup? bring on the voodoo, man, i'll take all i can get.

at around 9pm i couldnt handle it anymore, and took an ambien to check out for the evening. i've been in a semi-dream state ever since, which is lovely since for some reason i am not in pain or discomfort for the first time in ??! either my body is getting it's shit back together, or this is the perfect drug cocktail.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dad here. I'll attach your site to an email, and send to my previous list. Haven't included your friends yet, so cross check the names when you get the note. See you later on today==love you

Anonymous said...

Mom here. Thanking you all for the oceans of love and hope for my one and only most precious child. May the gods of destruction wreak havoc and the cleansing power of life prevail. If there is any person on earth who is believing in the creative power of destruction, it's me. Poisons, do your stuff. With all celestial swords aflame with love and protection,
mom

Amber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amber said...

Josh!! There are no words...
I am going to be in SoCal this week, and if you are up to it, I want to swing by and give you hugs!!!

Anonymous said...

Josh,

Vaut mieux un proleme de testicule qu 'un probleme de cerveau. Le cerveau est utilise en permanence, les testicules seulement de temps en temps !
I am sure that you will winn the Tour De France 8 times, better thanLance Amstrong who suufer this kind of s...
Take Care

Christian Mounal (Toulouse)