Tuesday, November 21, 2006

insanity

i just cant get over how much of a rigamarole it is to find a psychiatrist who is also able to speak emotionalese. granted, its thanksgiving and all, but craziness respects no calendar (remind me of that when i am on a psych rotation sometime). if anyone knows any psychiatrist+psychologists who take blue cross and are near the hollywood area, i need to talk with them! how can it be that they are so hard to find?


i awoke today with the strangest jittery clenchy jumpy cannot stop moving must keep moving keep moving every second must! it was terrible. a psychologist recommended by a friend dropped by at 10, and we talked for an hour as i jumped off of the walls. after many phone calls, it looks like it is the compazine+reglan that are giving me these "extra-pyramidal" symptoms, and I have stopped taking them altogether. now i am hoping that i just have to wait for my liver to catch up with this decision and get them out of my system. benadryl was recommended, and though this makes no sense, it helped a bit. i would rather be glurky than have parkinsons-like symptoms.

forcing myself to be social is a must.

No comments: