Sunday, February 11, 2007

technical update: good news

My oncologist somehow materialized from the stratosphere bright eyed and bushy tailed, and having read the CT, told me that what we had seen was likely dead tumor mass. It apparently can take some time for dead tissue to be cleared away, even after tumor markers fall. So there is no change in the treatment plan, which means the cycle happening Feb 19-20-21 at Stanford will be (fingers crossed, holy water sprinkled, baruchas said, offerings burnt, voodoo dolls poked, vestal virgins... um...) the end of it! And the best news is that I still have an excuse to have a little pot belly, at least for now. I am also thrilled to say that my PICC line (the plastic tubing which has been sticking out of my arm for the past three and a half months) was finally removed, and I have been taking normal showers, unencumbered by plastic wrap and stress about having to keep my dressing dry. Just standing in the shower, under the running water, is an incredible pleasure. Hot tub, here I come! Despite all sorts of continuing and strange body issues caused by the chemo, I am ecstatic with each baby step back toward normalcy.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow -- fabulous Josh!!! Hang in there -- you're almost at the end. Take care, love, Joyce

lefty librarian said...

WOOHOO! Yay! Awesome! Marvelous. And mazel tov. Kisses.

Anonymous said...

great great fabulous news!!!!!

congrats!

Anonymous said...

wooHOO!! That's great, cuz!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news, Josh, thanks for keeping everybody informed
David Chazan

Anonymous said...

Yea! awesome! Thanks for my big grin and watery eyes. Love to you and family, Tracy

Joshua Niederman said...

josh1-

congrats. i'm getting on the party wagon. si se puede, si se puede!!!

- josh2

Unknown said...

Josh,

And a great sigh of relief resounds across the City of Los Angeles....

Congratulations, and thank you for brightening my day. :)

Love,
Rebecca

Erin said...

What a fabulous thing to hear on Valentine's day (even though it is an evil Hallmark holiday)! It brightens my day to hear this! Let me know when you are back in town... we can get a slice of pie or something!

Anonymous said...

Bravo Josh!
Je penserai très fort à toi entre lundi et mercredi et je prierai pour que ce soit ta dernière chimio. J'ai hate de voir les prochaines photos de toi en vacances et en pleine forme!

Anonymous said...

Josh,
Amazing news. I was so excited by it, I had to reread it just to make sure I hadn't misunderstood on the first rushed take. I wish I could give you one of those long, genuine hugs that would last all the way through the 21st.
Pablo & I will be thinking of you & hope to see you soon.
Marta

man halakhic said...

hey josh! that's wonderful! i'm so happy for you.
adma

Zpora said...

wahoo! almost there, josh. i'm thinking about you today and will continue to send you deep breaths and good vibes throughout the week.
love,
zpora

Dan said...

hey josh! rebecca s led me to your site, i wish i'd known about it earlier! but it sounds like you're doing great, congrats on the good news :) that's wonderful. hope to see you soon! -dan